Friday, August 17, 2012

Rock Mosaic


I found a cute tutorial on a rock mosaic and decided to create a heart shape out of some river rocks I had picked up for my mom. There weren't enough of either color to do a solid heart so I thought 1/2 and 1/2 would look nice.

I picked up some black and white rocks at the dollar store along with some coaster like circles to place them on.  I ended up only using the white rocks since my mother's yard has darker rocks for the landscaping and I wanted this to stand out. 

I set out the red and green rocks into the pattern I wanted and slowly started to hot glue each one to the circle.  (Careful, put something under the circle or the hot glue will bleed through.)

After I completed the mosaic piece, I made a spot for it in her yard, placed it neatly, rang my mother's door bell and ran away.  I later texted her to look in her yard just to make sure she saw it :)  The white rocks make the heart stand out nicely I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment