Monday, June 25, 2012

Coat rack/shelf




I found this coat rack at Micheal's for $3.00 because it was missing one of the pegs.


I removed the remaining three pegs, which, not surprisingly, came out on their own without much effort.





I filled the holes with some caulk (probably should have used a wood filler, but this is what I had available and on hand).

I used a putty knife to smooth out the caulk and make the hole flush with the rest of the wood.

After the caulk dried, I painted the wood with the brown paint I used for my garage cabinets.

I found these cute hooks for about $4 a piece at Home Depot.  A little more then I wanted to spend, but I think they ended up looking really nice!

Waiting for the BF to get home before mounting the coat rack on the wall.  I want the screws to be in studs to prevent it from pulling out of the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment