Monday, June 18, 2012

Electric Outlet Covers


I painted my kitchen wall "Neverland Teal" when I first moved in.  It felt like it needed something so I decided to spice up the electric outlet covers.  I found this DIY tutorial on Pinterest and decided to try it out for myself.


I started by removing the cover and getting my materials.  I chose this fun blue and white pattern scrapbook paper bought during Micheal's "6 sheets for $1" sale.  So worth it!  I traced the cover on the paper and cut it out (leaving the whole inside in one piece).  I traced where the holes WILL be, but left them alone for now.
 Then, I covered the front of the cover in modpodge and placed the cut out paper in position.
After placing the paper on the cover, I covered the whole thing with more modpodge.  Allow to dry and do 2-3 more coats (I did this due to it being in the kitchen so it would wipe easily).
Once it dried, I put it back into position.


I found it was easier to get the screw in if I made a small incision in the paper before hand where the screw would go.  I found that if you try cutting through the paper before it is COMPLETELY dry... the edges won't cut smoothly.


No comments:

Post a Comment