Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rice Foot Warmer




So I was really excited to do this project.  One thing I ran into was trying to figure out which way to face the pieces of fabric when sewing.  My first attempt didn't come out perfect, but I learned how to position the fabric correctly.  The other issue I ran into is I made it a little too narrow.  The next go-round I would make it a little larger then what was specified in the original tutorial.



  





 [directions in progress]


In the directions at Craft.Sew.Design, it displays this picture:


The part that is confusing is the "TOP OF FOOT WARMER".  This piece is one piece of the brown and one piece of the blue sewed together with the good sides together.  When you sew this into the whole piece, you want to reverse it first.  This important information is not listed in the directions so my first attempt I ended up with the top of the foot warmer inside out.  You can see in the first photo the seam on the top portion of the foot warmer... this SHOULD be hidden.  I will re-attempt this and document each step to help.

[post in progress]


---

Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. Athena, I am sorry that you were having problems with this tutorial.

    In step 7, it does say to make sure that when the "halfsies" are in the layers for the right sides of it to be touching the right sides of the opposite fabrics. The only way for this to be done is to be turned right side out. Plus, in the photograph, it does show the fabric turned right side out.

    I will make a note in my tutorial to turn the fabric right side out, just in case this isn't clear to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you very much for the tut to begin with! :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, it makes more sense now. I thought I was following it all pretty closely, just found that tidbit a little confusing when I got to the end result :)

    ReplyDelete