Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day


For Father's day, my family had a BBQ at my parents' house.  Each party, I try and do a small theme to keep everyone on their toes.  Since this get together was about "FATHERS", I thought mustaches would be fitting.  Everything was fairly cheap and really easy to make.  When making pendants in this post (here), my cousin and I made some mustache pendants for the get together.  I found some cute key chain pieces my mom had laying around, and they made for cute little gifts for everyone to take.

I used this tutorial (HERE) to create a mustache stamp.  I used this to stamp the cards for father's day.  The tutorial worked flawlessly.
 I found this awesome scrapbook paper at Micheal's during their "6 sheets for $1" sale.  I regret not getting more.  I cut the paper down to size and placed it in a cheap frame from the dollar store.  This made for some interesting conversation later on when we tried to figure out which mustaches we all had.
I glued paper cut out mustaches to some bamboo chopstick I found at the dollar store for some picture props.  These turned out rather fun and got a few giggles from G.Pa. 
By the end of the party, after eating great food, watching a 3 hours movie from the 60's, and laughing a little... I was pooped to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment